Sunday, January 17, 2010

Some Things Are Just Too Heartbreaking

I would like to share certain things in my Blog because I believe they are the most meaningful and important things that we all share as human beings. But I can't because what I want to share is much too personal and too heartbreaking at the moment. Let's just say when someone you love is suffering and feeling lost, your heart cries for them. You want so much to make it better for them but nothing you say or do can make it better. Your hands are tied, it is out of your control, you feel powerless. You can only hope and pray and wait. My guess is that every parent has had this feeling at some point or another. You have a certain dream for your child and then that dream seems to be shattered and there is nothing- absolutely nothing - you can do about it. Your child - whatever his/her age- is suffering and in pain and you have to stand by and watch helplessly. Oh sure, you can offer advice and encouragement and even physical and financial support but no matter what you say or do, you cannot make it better.
One time I heard someone express this thought:
When we have a child, we are in essence consenting to allow our heart to walk around outside our body for the rest of our lives. Wow, isn't that the truth!
Mary Beth

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful we have the Lord to run to when our heart is breaking. Faith assures us that no matter WHAT happens, God is looking out for us and watching over us and it will work out for our good. ALL my experiences make me who I am today - not just the good ones.

    ReplyDelete