Friday, January 22, 2010

Going on a Trip

Cousin Sharon and I are leaving shortly for Easton, PA for an all girls weekend at cousin Susan's house in Easton, PA. This is very exciting for us since we only recently reconnected with Susan in Sept. 2008 at the O'Donnell Family Reunion. Prior to the Reunion we hadn't seen each other in close to 60 years! Back then Susan and her family lived on Putnam Avenue in the Bushwich section of Brooklyn and our families would meet up in Highland Park (which was just up the block from my house) for Friday night picnics. I remember we would usually have tuna fish sandwiches with sliced tomatoes because it was Friday and you weren't allowed to eat meat on Friday's back then. We didn't care what we ate because we were just so happy to be sharing some fun together. The weather was nice (or else we wouldn't go) and the adults were in a good mood because there was no work the next day. I am certain I will have some great stories to tell you when I return as we have a heck of alot of ground to cover.
Wisely, Susan's father relocated the family to PA before the Bushwich section deteriorated. Nowadays, though, I hear that Brooklyn is the place to be and little tiny condos go for a million dollars or more. Who would have guessed.
Sharon rang the bell. See you later! Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment