Sunday, January 10, 2010

Paper Heart

We rented a movie tonight called, "Paper Heart". Bob wasn't too crazy about it but I found it interesting and thought provoking. It was a documentary about one of my favorite subjects - love. I am still baffled by love, even at 64. Since I believe love is the most important thing in life, I am continuing my quest for understanding.
I question things all the time; it's just the way my mind operates. For example, my friend met her husband in the 7th grade and pretty much loved him from the start. They dated all through high school and married when she was 18. They are married for 47 years and are still in love with each other. So much for the advise not to marry too young. Why is one person ready to marry at such a young age whereas the thought of marriage scares the hell out of someone else? How does this happen? Why does this happen?
And what exactly is love anyway?
What about the people you love who die? Where does the love for them go after they are gone? Unconditional love, now that's a topic. I think the closest thing to unconditional love is the love between a parent and a child. Unconditional love is a rare and priceless gift. There are so many things I took for granted when I was young, gifts like unconditional love. As I get older I realize I should have treasured them more. I try to treasure them now. In general though I have always loved people even when I don't always like them. People are generally wonderful even though most of us are "wackier than hell" ( Grandpa TJ O'Donnell's terminology). Throughout my entire life my favorite activity, by far, has been visiting with people. I never needed or wanted fancy nightclubs or entertainment, I just wanted to be with people.
Some of you must have ideas to share about love or will I have to continue to search for understanding on my own.
Love Makes the World Go Round, Love Makes the World Go Round.
Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment