Monday, January 11, 2010

H1N1

I'd like to write something profound and exciting but once again it is almost midnight and I am getting tired. Besides, the day was rather mundane. Full but mundane nevertheless. Then again at my age, mundane can be OK.
Yesterday Bob and I went to the local High School to get H1N1 flu shots. I guess they can't get rid of the stuff now so they're giving it away for free. How could we resist, we love free stuff! Just ask my brothers-in-law, they'll tell you how much we like free stuff. Anyway, we weren't the only ones who were interested in free shots. The line wrapped around the entire gymnasium and out the front door. It seems everyone in the town of Colonie wanted something for free. In truth, it appeared to be very well organized and we were in and out of the place in about an hour.
Both my daughter and my father were signed up for the vaccination also but they decided that they didn't want to go. Honestly, I understood how they felt as I was on the fence myself given all the publicity the H1N1 Swine Flu vaccination has gotten. Being a nurse, I don't really trust medical interventions especially prophylactic type interventions. Why ask for trouble? Why inject some foreign substance into your body when you are feeling fine? But then again I have had the flu. Actually I had the flu twice in my life and I don't want to feel that sick again anytime soon. So I overcame my fear and stepped forward when they called my name. I hope I made the right decision. Tonight there is a mild soreness in my upper left arm but otherwise so far so good. Good Night, and may all your decisions be good ones. Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment