Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Annual GYN visit

Today I had the appointment that every woman just loves, the annual GYN exam. I am sure all the women out there know exactly what I mean. Anyway it is over - hopefully - for another year. The reason I even mention it at all is because the Doctor said to me: "My goodness, you don't look 64". I wanted to kiss her! It made my day. I guess it doesn't take much to make me happy nowadays. My previous GYN doctor was an older Korean man; he was an interesting character and I went to him for years. It is a little awkward getting re-established with someone new especially when this someone new has to relate to such a delicate and initimate area of one's life. Next week comes the bone density test and the mammography. The latter is something else that us women anticipate with baited breath. Well enough of this nonsense.
Tomorrow should be alot more fun. I will be having a great adventure with my "oldest" friend, cousin, Sharon. We will be celebrating her 65th birthday with a trip to Manchester Vermont and lunch at the Equinox Hotel. I am sure we will also fit in a little shopping during our outing. I have known Sharon since I was born and we are related so she can't loose me. I absolutely love to tease her about being older than me - a whopping 2 months older. Actually Sharon was born on New Year's Day. I never envied the date of her birthday. Imagine this -everyone is exhausted from the holidays and hung over from New Year's Eve and then it is your birthday. What a jip, to have your birthday lost in the confusion of the night before. Anyway, back to the all important point that Sharon is older than me - during the years that we were growing up together in Brooklyn she liked to brag about the fact that she was older than me but she doesn't say a word about it now. All kidding aside, I am grateful that these two couples (her father & mother and my mother & father) made love around the same time, conceived two female offspring which in turn allowed us to share a lifetime of friendship and love. Thanks Mom & Dad, Uncle Joe & Aunt Marie
Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment