Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Mommie


I won't have time to continue my "Children of the Heart" Blog entry tonight but I did want to take a minute to wish my Mom a Heavenly Happy Birthday. She was born on March 25, 1917 in Brooklyn, NY and today is her 93rd birthday. I hope with all my heart that somewhere out there she is joyously celebrating and is surrounded with nothing but pure love and happiness.
Bob & I went up to Siena College's Chapel today for the 12:30pm Mass in honor of my Mom's birthday. When the priest announced that today was the feast of the Annunciation, I remembered how pleased my Mom was to have been born on this special feast day of Our Lady. Just like Mary said "yes" to an outrageous proposition, my own Mother couldn't say "no" to anyone.
Love,
Mary - proud to be the oldest daughter (me - Mary Beth Fries Buchner) of the oldest daughter (Rita Mary Agnes O'Donnell Fries) of the oldest daughter (Margaret Mary Coleman O'Donnell).


2 comments:

  1. Mary Beth - What a beautiful picture of a beautiful woman! Mario

    ReplyDelete
  2. March 25 is indeed a special day. It's MY mom's heavenly birthday because it's the day she left us here and went home to heaven. It's also the day Uncle Bob Geary and Uncle Brian Hartson went home! Coincidence?

    ReplyDelete