Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Gratitude - Thanks Mom


On my birthday I always think about my mother. How could I not!
I mean isn't it amazing to contemplate the fact that you and I were actually inside of another person's body for a full 9 months. Really, just think about this reality for a minute or two. It is incredible. A woman carried you inside her very being; you actually lived there and grew there and survived there. I am always astounded by the miracle of birth and it never gets old for me. Every single time I look upon a newborn baby, I am utterly fascinated. I find it mind-boggling to think that a couple has this one intimate moment together and as a result they create this whole other human being. How amazing is that? When I contemplate the reality of motherhood and the miracle of birth I can't help but be humbled by the magnitude of creation.
And I can't help but say to my own dear, sweet Mother, Remember that day that you gave birth to me? Well, I really do appreciate it. Thanks Mom.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment