Sunday, March 14, 2010

Quote from Rev. John Powell

Recently I have felt the need to reconnect with people from my past life - people that were special to me; people that I loved. Some people might not understand my need to do this reconnecting. But to me it feels essential.
For a number of reasons many of these people are no longer a part of my everyday life. Life moves forward; water flows under the bridge. Certain doors close so that others may open. Nonetheless as I get older, I realize that love is truly the most wonderful gift of all and I have this tremendous need to say Thank You to all those people who taught me what it means to love and be loved. Maybe I'm silly, maybe I'm overly sentimental, but I don't care. Today I read the following quote by Rev. John Powell:
"The essential sadness is to go through life without loving. But it would be almost equally sad to go through life and leave this world without ever telling those you loved that you had loved them."
I agree with Rev. John Powell and I guess this is where my need to reconnect stems from. I want the people who were important to me to know they were important to me. I don't want to leave this world without telling those I loved that I loved them.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment