Monday, April 5, 2010

Simply Living



I would like to write something special and exciting but have been so busy with celebrating Holy Week and the great feast of Easter that I do not have the energy needed to be creative. Also I have been going into the office quite a bit lately to assist with the New York State Nursing Home Complaint Hotline. Whenever there are holidays, I am called in to work more often than usual to cover for staff who want some time off. I guess it is the nature of working per diem. Also while I'm at work, I spend my entire day listening to the stories that people tell me and attempting to capture the essence of their stories in the written word. Since I am no longer a young chick, by the end of the day I am left with little energy for much else.
I also did not want to miss the special services for Holy Thursday, Good Friday and the Easter vigil. Our parish, St. Francis de Sales, recently merged with another nearby parish, Our Lady of Mercy, and our newly formed congregation is an exciting mix of wonderful, interesting people. The services at our newly formed parish, Christ Our Light Catholic Church, were more vibrant and better than ever.
On Easter I made a turkey dinner for my family. When I cook, I use every pot and pan in the kitchen, scatter everything all over my counter tops and generally make a tremendous mess. Because Bob likes to eat home-cooked meals, he is typically patient with the mess, and afterwards works hard to help me get the place back in order again.
Bob & I took a long walk together on Easter morning and stopped in briefly to see our dear friends, Jean & Mike, and to eat one of Jean's famous homemade Bunny cookies. We couldn't stay long though because Diane & Connor tracked us down and we had to get back home for the "big hunt". The Easter Bunny hid some eggs for Connor in our backyard and we all enjoyed watching Connor's excitement as he ran around through the woods looking for the hidden treasure. He will be 5 on May 5th so we wanted to enjoy this special time with him now. Before you know it, he will be much too wise for such fantasy. Some days, don't you just wish there really was an Easter Bunny?

No comments:

Post a Comment