Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Planning for Poppi's 95th birthday

So there have been some blog followers who are wondering why I am not more religious about my blog entries. What can I say, I'm running as fast as I can. My Dad will be 95 on Nov. 2nd and although that is a long way off, right now I am trying to get a place lined so we can celebrate this momentous occasion. My Dad is a popular guy and I want to get a room large enough so that it can hold all his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, grand- nieces and grand-nephews, cousins, friends and colleagues (from Queens College days - he still stays in touch with quite a few believe it or not). He is still close friends with two guys, Joe and Nick - one he met in high school and the other he met in college. But then again, I think I told you that before - remember they call themselves " the three musketeers".
I want to lock in the date and reserve a place soon, before all the good places get booked up. I have been out checking atmosphere, prices and availability. This has been consuming a lot of my time and energy in the last few days, but I am narrowing things down and with the help of my siblings I hope to make a decision by the weekend. I can't complain though because I actually like planning celebrations. I believe that life is all about celebrating special people and special events. So, it is actually a very nice feeling to be planning something happy and special for my father.
So you'll please forgive me, if I don't write every day?
PS. The photo was taken last week at my niece's home on Long Island. My father got down on the driveway so he could draw with his great-grandchildren. Isn't that something for a guy who is 94!
Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment