Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mother and Child - Dec. 31, 1977

I remember this evening well.  It was New Year's Eve, December 31st 1977 (soon to be 1978)and Bob and I were just about ready to leave for a New Year's Eve party at Maureen and Frank Seier's house in another part of Hicksville, Long Island.  The photo was taken at Marty & Donna's house on Sunnyfield Rd.   If I remember correctly Marty & Donna were having a few friends over to their house to celebrate New Year's Eve and they had offered to babysit for Brian for us.   He was all ready for bed and I imagine I tried to get him to sleep before we left.   The party at Frank and Maureen's was very nice.  I spent quite a long time sitting and talking to Frank's twin brother, Joe Seier.  I am not sure if he had a date that night but he was still single and was "finding his way' and needed to talk.  The next day, Brian's Aunt Diane stopped in for a short visit since she was on Long Island for the holiday.  I was so proud when Brian called me "Mama" in front of her.   She smiled and said, that's right Brian, I know she is your Mama.  I had waited a long time to be a mother and my dream had finally come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment