Sunday, May 31, 2020

The Nightmare

I wake in a panic at 2:20 AM. I had just looked out my front door which is a glass storm door and I see the water has risen to 18 inches from the ceiling of the room I am in. 
I have had a screaming match with a deceased female cousin in law. She brought a couple of her small children and stayed at our house for a few days. She wanted to pay me $150 for her visit but I refused it.  I was being accused of stealing even though I didn’t do it.  I noticed my wallet was left outside of my pocketbook and when it was handed back to me by an African American female housekeeper she assured me that she was simply trying to protect my credit cards since I left my pocketbook lying around carelessly and people at a table in the corner of the room had taken it out of my pocketbook so it wouldn’t be stolen. I assured her I wasn’t accusing her of anything like that and I apologized for all she was being put through during this Pandemic and I thanked her for continuing to work during this time of the virus. She seemed appreciative of my comments. 
At some point my cousin in law’s Mom showed up and her daughter who had been angry and screaming at me had just finished telling her how terrible I had been treating her. I tried to give my side of the story and she seemed  somewhat sympathetic since she was aware of how her daughter could be but then again she didn’t seem completely convinced.  
My son had recently left the house in a small boat and when I realized the water was rising and I didn’t have much time, I attempted a call him on my cellphone to ask him to please come back to the house and pick me up.  I’m not sure where my cousin in law and her mother went or where the rest of the people at a table in the corner of the room all went ( dreams are weird and disjointed a lot of the time ).   I was in a panic waiting to see if I would be rescued before the water reached the ceiling and I drowned.  This is the point I woke up startled and shaken by my horrible dream only to remember the pandemonium outside my home and throughout my country is an equally horrifying nightmare, only worse because I can’t wake up from it on my own. I am helpless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment