Sunday, April 26, 2020

# 9 Unbridled Thoughts during the 2020 Pandemic

At the beginning of the pandemic I truly enjoyed sleeping. It seemed like a refreshing way to completely escape the reality going on outside my door.  I was one of the lucky ones; it appeared the virus ðŸ¦  hadn’t made it’s way into the fortress of  my warm and cozy home. 
Sleep is no longer such a beautiful escape.  Almost nightly I wake up shaken by the stories being played out in my head. At first the nightmares were rather clouded, and I couldn’t understand there connection to the evil COVID-19.  


But, at 4:30 am this morning, I am awakened and in a shaken state, writing ✍️ in an effort to rid myself of the anxiety.  In this nightmare I heard a loud announcement, “ Two bombs were just dropped in ____________”( my brain didn’t process the location) but when I heard these horrifying words and the noise of the explosions, I looked up and saw the black, billowy clouds quickly filling the sky overhead.  I shut the windows in an attempt to keep the soiled air outside; in an attempt to escape what was being sent to destroy us.  In my sleep I thought this, “we are on our knees, and an enemy has come to take advantage of our weakened state.” That’s all the dream contained but it was more than enough.  I wanted a hug but my husband appeared to be sleeping peacefully and I know now how truly valuable that it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment