Thursday, April 2, 2020

#3 Unbridled Thoughts during the 2020 Pandemic

This evening I took a short walk around my daughter’s neighborhood. It was cold, damp and dreary.  In my mind I started singing “ Don’t they know it’s the end of the world 🌎 “.  These are my uncensored thoughts so I hope they don’t drag you down.  Sometimes it helps to get the thoughts out of me and onto paper, so if you prefer not to read the dark stuff, simply pass it by.  
I thought about the great flood and Noah’s ark and how God promised never again to destroy the earth by means of water.  I share this story not because I take it literally but because it is a story that was a part of my life.  This current pandemic is so overwhelming in its impact that it certainly brings the idea of the end of the world to my mind.  Maybe the end of the world will come about because of the massive power of a minute but monstrous virus 🦠. At any rate I have no doubt that life as we know it is ending.  When we emerge on the other side, and I do hope and pray that we do, we cannot help but be changed people.  
There are so many unknowns, and we cannot truly predict the final outcome. 
I wonder if we will be more understanding of those who routinely have barely enough to survive. I wonder if we will be humbler, less arrogant, less greedy.  I am thinking about all those things we take for granted in our country and how we consume so much of the goods of this earth while so many don’t have bare necessities.  Is this virus changing us, teaching us some very needed lessons? I wonder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment