Saturday, April 4, 2020

#4 Unbridled Thoughts during the 2020 Pandemic


Yesterday I received a reminder about my upcoming ( April 7th ) “new patient” appointment with a cardiologist at Capital Cardiology Associates. I was a bit surprised to get the reminder since every other doctor and dentist appointment both Bob and I had has been put on hold due to the pandemic.   Eighteen months ago I had a nuclear stress test and on my follow up appointment with the cardiologist I was told everything looked okay.   Nevertheless since I have hypertension and cholesterol issues and a very strong family history of cardiovascular disease I decided it was time to get reacquainted with a Cardiologist. However, the thought of going into a medical facility for a routine appointment seems ludicrous right now.  I rescheduled for the first available appointment which happened to be at the very end of September.  
It might sound nuts but in a certain sense I like the idea that for the time being I am basically excused from doctors, dentists, blood tests, ultrasounds, MRIs and all the rest of this kind of stuff.   
I’ll just have to take care of myself without any medical intervention and hope for the best. 


It is a bit liberating, like being in a free fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment