Friday, March 2, 2012

Retreated from Life to Go To the Beach

Got a call this evening from Australia from my dear friend, Joanne.  She hadn't heard from me in quite some time and was concerned.   It made me feel good that she cared enough to check up on me.  
Actually, she was correct - I had retreated from many of my usual activities . And, since returning from vacation I have been in a bit of a funk. 
We left Levittown, Long Island for Florida on Feb. 8th at 3:30AM.  It was a great time to travel as we had the roads all to ourselves and were over the Verrazano Narrows bridge and heading south in no time flat.  What a marvelous feeling to be heading to the warmth of the sun.
Coming back the end of February to a snow storm and all my cares and woes had me feeling blue.  
Tonight's phone conversation with Joanne helped bring me back to life.  
Watching a marvelous movie, The Way, (with Martin Sheen and Emelio Estervez) was also an excellent tonic.  If you have not seen this movie, I highly recommend that you do.  It has a beautiful, uplifting message.  
I haven't had the psychic energy to write a thing but writing is therapeutic and healing for me so I need to push myself back in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment