Friday, December 25, 2009

My 65th Christmas

My 65th Christmas

I had hoped to write a little something every day but I was too busy living Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to get down to writing again. That is my problem with consistency in writing. I have the philosophy that when I am pressed for time I always choose to live life rather than to write about life. I guess it is no surprise that in the past 36 hours I have been very busy living life. My 65th Christmas on this earth was wonderful. I was surrounded by people I love and there is nothing I like better than that.

One special gift I received this morning was the fact that my husband went on my blog to check out what I wrote and responded that when he looks at me he doesn’t see an old lady. Wasn’t that sweet of him? Possibly it is because we are growing old together and he has had time to adjust to the changes in a more gradual way. Whatever the case, I thought it was nice of him to say what he did.

I am trying to learn more about blogs and blogging. Last night I asked my nephew, Luke, what he thought of my blog and he said, “Aunt Mary, you have written only one entry, and one blog entry does not a Blogger make”. So I must write more before I can consider myself a Blogger. We also discussed the honesty factor and how much a person (me) really wants to reveal in a Blog. Do I really want to share my innermost thoughts and feelings? Someone at the dinner table suggested that I could lie like a rug or make up an entirely new persona in my Blog and for a brief moment I thought that sounded like a fun thing to do. Nonetheless I quickly decided that I’d rather be me. Since I have always enjoyed people who are a bit off the bell curve and people who say it like they see it, I will be who I am. Even at almost 65 I am still trying to figure that out.

Our dear friends in Australia called to wish us a Merry Christmas and John suggested that 65 is the new 40, so that was a comforting thought with which to end my Christmas day. Thanks John.

No comments:

Post a Comment