Friday, January 26, 2024

Brooklyn ltr Aug 31, 1936

Brooklyn NY Aug 31 1936 Amadisima mia, Well I finally got myself to sit down long enough to write a letter. First of all, I want to thank you for your card and letter. I am, of course glad to hear that you arrived safely and that you are having a good time. I spoke to your father this evening, and he told me about the weanie roast, square dancing, and the nightly house parties. You sure are having some vacation and I don't blame you or the family for wanting to stay up there a few more weeks. In fact, I think I am going to jump a freight and hitch-hike my way up there too. In regard to that house party, you said that you didn't get home till three in the morning. Don't you think that is a fine time to come home? Such a "stay-out" !! Did you forget that I used to have you home by 12 every time we went out? I thought that the whole town was quiet and all the 20 or 30 inhabitants were in bed by 10 PM. I must have been mistaken eh? Well anyway I hope that the farmer boys were, and will be good to you and that you don't teach them too many tricks. I certainly would like to have been at Rosine's dance. Don't you think our gang would be a little "too fast" for the hicks up there? While writing about Rosina, I want to send her my love. You can also give her "un beso" for me. You you might tell Maureen that I'll have it out with her in regard to that !!* ?! card she sent me. In the past four days, I've had three radio jobs(and they were cash customers) and I intend to pick up one tomorrow and another on Wednesday. The gang went to the airport the other evening, and we watched the aeroplanes come and go. So you see there's not much doing in the city, (especially when all the pretty girls are in the country). Con mucho amor y besos a mi novia para siempre. XXXX Charlie P.S. Do you remember, sweetheart, that little incident in the train where I promise to be good for the two weeks? Well, I've been good up till now, and I probably can stretch it to two weeks but I'm sure I can't be good a third week. So you see you had better come home by the 6th or _ _ _ _ _ . otros besos XXXX Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment