Thursday, August 30, 2018

The Decker Brothers - Part 12 Addendum

So when I saw my cousin, Sharon, recently she said  to me, "Mary, you have this part  ( Part 12) incorrect!.  Don't you remember that on that particular Sunday before dinner, you and I  walked up to Main Street in Freeport, L.I. to a public pay phone. We put a call in to Golden Decker's house to see why I hadn't received any letters from him."  I said, "Sharon, this is one part I honestly don't remember,." Obviously, the part that had to do with her guy, Golden, she remembered better than I did!
Sharon can't recall who we spoke to (possibly Golden's Mom), but she remembers finding out that Golden, did indeed write letters to her, even though she received nothing from him.  And, that my dear friends is why we confronted Sharon's Mother (my Aunt Marie), at the dinner table.  Only after she knew that we had found out the truth about the letters, did she admit to her crime.  As I said in Part 12, we went ballistic!!!  It seemed like such a betrayal to both of us.  Why was she so against Sharon communicating with Golden?  She didn't even know him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment