Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day


So, what are you thinking about this Mother's Day? 
I have been thinking about the fact that I am grateful that my two children came into my life, thus allowing me to be a Mom.  I'm also thinking about my own dear Mother and my Aunt Anne O'Donnell and my mother-in-law, Loretta Carney Buchner - all who were mothers to me in one way or another.  And, I'm thinking about what a wonderful Mother my daughter turned out to be and how I have the very sweetest grandchild any grandma could ever wish for. And in the process of searching out these photos, I coincidentally (or maybe not!) came across the following poem which my mother had copied on a piece of loose-leaf paper.  Since it was written specifically for Mother's Day (1944 or 45) I decided to share it with you.
" To Mother on Mother's Day
Gee, but I'm a lucky guy
To have a Mom like you
To go to with my worries
Or anytime I'm blue

You've helped me with so many things
You've even been my nurse
I'd run to you with aches or pains
And sometimes even worse

At asking silly questions
I always was a pain
But gee, you were swell then, 
You never once complained

And now we're miles apart, Mom 
It has to be this way.
But you're always in my heart, Mom
And I'm thinking of you each day.
I love you always,
Your son, Joe 
I'm sorry I couldn't get a card - this is original."


A

No comments:

Post a Comment