Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Connor Patrick Buchner

In yet another attempt at clearing out, I came across the two yellow, lined sheets of paper that we pulled out of a small pad back in 2005.  Diane's Cousins, Amy and Kate Buchner were up in Latham visiting with us and we were all having fun brain-storming names for the baby boy that Diane was carrying and just about ready to deliver.   Some names had a star next to them and some names had a smiling face next to them.  Here is what is written on these papers as possible choices for the little boy born on 05-05-05.
Gavin
Caden
Chandler
Quinlan
Carter
Ryder
Logan *
Caleb
Brady
Brendan
Blaise *
Romeo
Hunter **
Tiernan
Liam
Kiernan
Mark
Connor * Michael
Matthew
Luke
Milo
Locke
Hudson
Boone
Declan
Champion
Malachy
Regis
Thaddeus
Dante
Isaac
Isiah
Chance
Kian
Dallas
Casey
Beckett
Fimm
Holden
Corey
Phineas
Cody
Jude
Ian
Justin
Later as I was attempting to fall asleep I remembered there was one more name we discussed but after seeing the list of names we jotted down, I realized it was vetoed so quickly that it never even made it onto paper.  The name was "Killian" as in Killian Red.  We decided that naming this innocent newborn after an Irish brew known to be the downfall of many might not be the greatest idea.  
Now-a-days, my heart calls him "Gift" and not a moment goes by that I don't thank God for him.  I also thank my beautiful daughter, Diane, for giving him life and being such a marvelous Mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment