Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Reflections on my Experience at the Maryknoll Affiliates 2014 Conference this past weekend



Almost Beyond My Control, Gratitude Comes Bursting Forth
These were some of the Highlights for me:
·         The most fulfilling liturgies and prayer services I’ve ever attended.  I only wish I could attend such liturgies every weekend.
·         Specific examples of love displayed by members of the Albany Chapter.  I’m so proud to be a part of you.
·         The dedication and hard work of the MAC 2014 Leadership Committees.  Thank you for giving this effort your “blood, sweat and tears”.   I must admit I felt a bit like Mary as I observed how hard Martha was working. 
·         Getting to visit with, and learn from, members who came from near and far.
·         Hearing and enjoying the beautiful Spanish language again.  I hope one day to go to Peru.   
·         For once in my life being at a conference where I couldn’t distinguish the Indians from the Chiefs.
·         An especially lovely roommate who put up with all my idiosyncrasies.
·         Having my cousin agree to be God for me just as he does in my real, everyday life.
·         Plentiful fresh fruits and vegetables, tasty food choices, homemade bread and desserts and mighty fine wine!
·         Fantastic DJ, music, and freely-supplied entertainment; even Elvis entered the building.  I felt like a teenager once again.
·         The best rendition of “Red, Red Wine” I have ever heard.  I will never forget the “Lessards in Song”.
·         A perfect map and directions for the ride home – precision that only someone of German heritage could supply!  Worth way more than $5.00 (this is a private joke)
·         Hearing “top shelf” feminine reflections (Is that the politically correct terminology?) and praying that this type of inclusion will soon reach our Parish Communities.
·         Meeting the “Mother of the Maryknoll Affiliates” face to face.   
·         Remembering Jane.
·         Learning that one of the fantastic female speakers is a fellow graduate of St. Vincent’s Hospital School of Nursing, NY, NY.
·         Visiting the grave of my first cousin, twice removed, Mother Mary Coleman and introducing her to my new-found friend and roommate.   I’m certain my mother was happy with me.
·         The insights and information and networking and sharing and especially the love that took place this weekend will carry us on waves of the Spirit into the future, beyond horizons that we have not even dreamed of yet.
·         Being surrounded by a community of spiritual beings who share a global vision and who actively pursue bringing about the Kindom of God on earth.  What a humbling experience to witness the on-going Incarnation of Christ before my very eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment