Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Anne Rose O'Donnell


Found this photo of Annie at 35 Ledgewood 
It is marked Anne O'Donnell -1939 
and stamped Goldsmith Bros. 
Cine-Foto Studio
77 Nassau St., N.Y.C. 
Anne was born on Dec. 10, 1920 in Brooklyn, NY so she would have been ~ 19  in this photo.
She once asked my brother, Marty, if he thought anyone would miss her or think about her when she was gone given the fact that she never married and had no children. 
Well, Aunt Anne, we think of you often and we miss you.  As the years went on she became more like a friend to me rather than an Aunt.  I could tell Aunt Anne anything and she never judged me harshly.  Occasionally, I'll be upstairs and I'll look out my bedroom window and imagine her little brown car pulling up in front of the house alongside the road.  Every now and then, she would stop by unannounced for a short visit.  I didn't really mind as she took me just as I was - messy or whatever.   Sometimes, we don't realize how much these simply, everyday things mean to us until they are gone.   I'd love to see her pull up in her car today, I really would.

No comments:

Post a Comment