Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Couple of More Thoughts regarding this Thought-Provoking Musical

Certain jokes are more offensive than funny.   For instance, I would find a joke about the events of the Holocaust way too offensive and therefore not the least bit humorous.  I think jokes about removing a woman's clitoris and ridiculing God fall into this same category.   There are certain things that should just not be made into jokes. 
The authors of  "The Book of Mormon" are the same authors who create the irreverent cartoon series, "South Park", After seeing one episode of "South Park" I knew this wasn't the type of show that I cared to watch.  I guess it should not surprise me that some of the humor in the Book of Mormon bothered me also.
Also, I believe it is one thing to joke at a private lunch table with other student nurses and quite another thing to flaunt it all around the country in a musical.
Speaking of offensive productions, "The Wolf of Wall Street', is a very sad representation of the human race.   We rented this movie from Redbox tonight and all I could say is "what is this world coming to?!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment