Tuesday, November 19, 2013

15 years ago today we said Good-Bye

I don't know where or when this photo was taken of my Mother.  And, I don't know where exactly she is right now.  Nonetheless, I feel her spirit is a part of me today and forever.  I'm always amazed by the reality that Rita Mary actually carried me around within her body for an entire 9 months.  I wonder what that felt like for her and for me.  I was never "with child" so I don't know from that perspective and I can't remember my time within her womb so I don't know from that perspective either.  Wow, isn't it really mind-boggling when you think about this level of intimacy.   I guess it is the reason I believe that our mothers never actually leave us.  Thanks for carrying me around all that time, Mommy, and thanks for being with me still.   I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment