Thursday, September 6, 2012

Something for my Family


This is a picture taken in December 1937 of the childhood home of Charles A.Fries, Sr. (aka, Poppi). He was born in the front, upstairs bedroom on November 2, 1915 (to parents, Joseph Fries and Elizabeth Daniels Fries).   I believe that the address at the time was # 8 Vermont Ave., Brooklyn 7, NY.  I'll check with Poppi to see if I have this correct.  I do not think that the Interboro Parkway (now known as the Jackie Robinson Parkway) had been built yet.   Charlie had just turned 22 years old (in Nov) when this photo was taken.  He eventually ( 1945)  bought the house next door (# 62 Interboro Pkwy -  the door is visible) where he and my mother, Rita Mary O'Donnell Fries raised their 4 children. The home was sold 50 years later in 1995.

No comments:

Post a Comment