Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Prayer

The following prayer was shared by our Pastor:   
Dear God:
Take my life and let me live serenely for today.
Open my mind to happy thoughts.
Take away my ill-will towards others.
Make it possible for me to feel joy, love, and compassion; allow me to live again.
Help me to accept what is, to hold my tongue, to do my daily tasks, to let go with love.
Take away my worries about the future.

Make me realize that in your hands everything is provided, that I have no control over anything but myself, that today is precious and will soon be gone.
Help me to remember that all the hatred and pains that are directed at me is the hatred and pains that the other person is feeling toward themselves.
Thank you for your willingness to accept my burdens and lighten my load.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment