Sunday, May 8, 2011

Christian Made His First Holy Communion

My brother's oldest grandchild, Christian, made his First Holy Communion at 10:30AM on Saturday ( May 7th)  and Bob & I, my Dad and my daughter, Diane & her son, Connor, went to Hicksville, Long Island to join in the joyous event.  We had a lovely time.  When I download a few of the photos, I'll share a couple with you.  It is great to get together with the extended family for these happy times.   I only wish we could transport ourselves miraculously from upstate to downstate as the driving back and forth gets tedious.   After 36 years of living up state,  I am now truly a "country girl" and do not enjoy the traffic and congestion of the Big Apple.    Actually I feel as if I have always had country blood in my veins being that my maternal grandparents grew up on farms in the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.   When my Grandma O'Donnell was a teenager (at that time she was Miss Coleman) she wrote an essay on the benefits of living in the country versus living in the city and I have to say when I read it, I agreed with her 100%.
All I can say is thank God, I'm a country girl,
Love, Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment