Monday, March 14, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Parade

Well as fate would have it - God willing and the creek don't rise - once again I'll be marching up 5th Avenue in the sun this Thursday, March 17th. I feel it is such an honor to be a graduate of St. Vincent's Hospital School of Nursing (NY, NY) that when the opportunity is presented to me, I just can't say no. This has been a rather sad year for the graduates of St. Vincent's. As I'm sure a lot of you are aware, our major medical center (St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center, West 12th Street and 6th Ave., Greenwich Village, NY- went belly up due to fiscal mismanagement. It was a tragic event. We were the last Catholic Hospital in Manhattan. Maybe this is all the more reason we should be marching, i.e, to lend our support and show the world we ain't dead yet!.

No comments:

Post a Comment