Monday, March 7, 2011

One Main Reason We Came Home

Connor is staying overnight with us because he has been ill with a fever and a runny nose. His Mom, our daughter, Diane, took off from work to be with him today and to take him to the Pediatrician. The Doctor thinks that it is a virus since he didn't uncover anything else while he was examining him. When the Doctors can find nothing else, the illness is typically labeled a virus. I hate when Connor is sick. We love this kid so much it is difficult to describe with mere words. I guess most parents and grandparents understand what I am talking about. So, as much as I talk about going south for months at a time, I doubt whether we could leave Connor for that long. The picture above was taken in our kitchen shortly after we returned from Florida. He is painting a picture for his "Art Show" which in 5 year old terms means that after he was done, he showed us his work and then gave one picture to his Mom, one picture to his Papa and one picture to me. We also spent time together painting all the seashells I bought back from Florida. A child brings so much joy, so much fun, so much meaning to life, even when he or she is unexpected.
Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment