Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hello Again


Well, I guess you thought I died. No, I did not die, rather I have been very busy living. On November 6th, my siblings and I hosted a big birthday celebration for my Dad. He turned 95 years old on November 2nd and we decided it was important to mark this momentous occasion in a special way. 125 people showed up to honor "the man, the myth and the legend". It was a wonderful weekend. Since many of the guests came from quite a distance, we secured a block of rooms at the Albany Airport Hampton Inn & Suites and the party went from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. The main event- cocktails and a sit-down dinner and a special presentation ("This is Your Life, Charles A. Fries, Sr.") prepared by grand-daughter, Diane Buchner, as well as a special visit from Marilyn Monroe - took place on Saturday afternoon at the Italian American Community Center. We had marvelous get-togethers the entire weekend but it also took a lot of planning and work. I expended so much energy in this area, that I didn't have an ounce of energy left to devote to writing.
But since something is missing in my life when I am not writing I have returned to my Blog to get me going once again.
Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment