Sunday, July 11, 2010

Busy but Happy


Well, a lot of people are asking why I have not written lately. I do miss writing, but I have not had an extra moment or ounce of energy to write. The summer is like a merry-go-round around here. Great fun, but spinning and you need to hold on to your horse or you might fly off. This is the time of year when family visits and it is great but there are sheets and towels to wash and food to buy and meals to cook and cakes to bake. My Dad turns 95 years old on Nov. 2nd and my siblings and I am planning a big celebration. A week later my nursing school class (The Class of 1965 of St. Vincent's Hospital School of Nursing, NY, NY) is coming together to celebrate our 45th anniversary. I have been gathering my classmates together as best I can and am working on creating the name tags and a power point presentation (really a slide show/history). So I hope you will forgive me if I take a bit of a hiatus.
Then again, I do have some writing (already written) that I would like to share with you. It just won't be perfected but maybe you can help but offering some suggestions on how it can be made better. Also there are some writing already created that are very personal but possibly I can change the names to protect the innocent and at least I will have something to share with you.
See, I feel better already taking a few minutes to write again.
The photo at the top was taken at Camden Yards, home of the Baltimore Orioles. We recently went there for the weekend to hear my nephew, Mike, sing the National Anthem and God Bless America. Can you see Mike amidst the crowd? In the photo above he is standing on top of the Baltimore Orioles dugout singing God Bless America at the 7th Inning Stretch. You have no idea what a high this was for us!
Praise God for such moments! Mary Beth

1 comment: