Wednesday, December 2, 2015

One of Us



On the monumental occasion of our 50th Anniversary of our graduation from St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center, School of Nursing, NY, NY, my classmate, Patty Lynch Finch, (see photo of Patty - isn't she adorable!)



gave me a beautiful framed commemorative plaque with a  special poem by Brain Andreas, (artist, writer and storyteller).




Someday, the light will shine like
the sun through my skin & they will
say.  What have you done with your life?
& though there are many moments
I think I will remember, in the end,
I will be proud to say, I was one of us. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and so well said. If any of our classmates are at all like me (and they are all at least a little like me), they are still smiling from the wonder and magic of our reunion. I am so grateful to be one of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud to be one of us,for who we are and what we stand for.SVH values are a core part of our lives..caring, compassion,patience fortitude and perseverance. Jean Bestafka

    ReplyDelete