Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Policeman, T. J.O'Donnell, was practically drowned in the basement


Found my Grandpa, TJ O'Donnell, practically drowned in the stuff from my Father's basement. Nonetheless, I had to share his handsome, young face with his descendants. Maybe one of the younger family members know how to use Photoshop better than I can and could fix the damage (especially to his face), The photo is marked " L.L. White" and what appears to read "100 4th Ave, New York." His shield # is 3263. Here is some family history that the younger generation may want to keep: Thomas Joseph O'Donnell. He was always known as Grandpa O'Donnell to me but I heard most people call him Dad or " T.J." . Some family members called him Uncle Joe (I guess to keep him from getting mixed up with his father who was also named Thomas)   T.J. was born on March 22, 1885 in St. Joseph, Pa.  He married Margaret Mary Coleman on January 19, 1916 at St. Patrick's Church in Middletown, PA.   He and Margaret had 6 children ( I heard that my grandmother might have lost a baby girl before she had my mother, Rita Mary, but I do not know this for certain. )  The other children are Maureen Adele O'Donnell Marski, Dorothy Regina O'Donnell, Anne Rose O'Donnell, Joseph Thomas O'Donnell,  Margaret Mary O'Donnell Foulkes.   T.J. died on October 8, 1973 in St. Vincent's Hospital, NY, NY after suffering a heart attack.   He is buried in the cemetery in Friendsville, Pa.   His mother was Annie Clarke and his father was Thomas O'Donnell - they are buried in St. Joseph Cemetery in St. Joseph, Pa.. My parents, Rita and Charles A. Fries are buried right next to Annie and Thomas O'Donnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment