Sunday, March 8, 2015

Reflections as I turn 70!!!

  • I am officially a really old lady
  • I can feel it in my bones, especially my knees
  • I recently came across my photos from my 50th birthday celebration and cannot believe how quickly those 20 years have flown by
  • I once heard that there is a big difference between 50 and 70 and I now can attest to the fact that it is true
  • I continue to search for the meaning of life, death and infinity.
  • More and more I have come to realize that LOVE is truly all that really matters although I still crave a warm and comfortable bed, sunshine, companionship, and a nice meal.
  • In general, I like everyone.  
  • Regularly, I thank God and my mother (who encouraged me in that direction) that I went to St. Vincent's Hospital School of Nursing.  The women I met there were, are and always have been my Heroes and the wind beneath my wings.
  • Although I look forward to a long and relatively healthy life, I feel I must get my ducks in a row and prepare myself for the final chapter.
  • A friend recently told me to live each day and not worry about death and I believe that is good advice.  Nevertheless, I don't want to leave a mess for others to clean up for me.
  • On that note, when I am gone I want Kathleen Smith Balint, me dear, sweet Godchild to have everything I have pertaining to my Uncle Joe and Aunt Marie O'Donnell.  I trust that she will cherish and share the history of her Grandfather and Grandmother with the rest of the O'Donnell Family. 
  • I should plan my funeral and be done with it so I can get on with living but it is not an easy thing to do.  Primarily, I want those remaining after me to do what makes them happy.  I won't care since I'll be dead. 
  • Now, I am going to have my breakfast with my husband who just came home from the bus garage.
So would you believe that when I went downstairs my husband greeted me with a very special birthday gift -   A Road Scholars trip to the Greek Islands this September with our dear friends, Ann Marie & Rudy! 

1 comment:

  1. Very wise reflections! It's quite the milestone birthday. I'm sure you have many more milestones ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete