Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Another Day

While reading a passage from a booklet entitled, Advent 2011 - Your Journey to Christmas, I came across a quote by James Dillet Freeman.  It was an uplifting message given how low I was feeling yesterday.
I will take a moment to share it with you:

                     Let the snow fall as it may, and let the short days hang on dark and cold; 
                     there is that in us which refuses to submit to icy season and gloomy reason,
                     but steps forth into the wind and snow and says in a cheery voice to the world 
                     and every passerby, "Merry Christmas!"

The picture above was taken on Saturday night (12-3-11) at the Hudson Winter Walk in Hudson, NY.  I am with my dear friend, Joanne - my roommate from 1966 until 1971.   An evening winter walk helps one to refuse to submit to "icy season and gloomy reason".


No comments:

Post a Comment